You have selected a link that will take you away from the VisionBank of Iowa Internet site. The link you followed is provided solely as a convenience. VisionBank of Iowa does not control and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The inclusion of this link does not imply or constitute an endorsement by VisionBank of Iowa of the agency, the organization or institution, the products or services it offers, or any advertisers or sponsors appearing on the following web site.
By clicking on the CONTINUE button below, you acknowledge the previous statement and will be taken to the linked site. If you want to remain at this site, simply select the CANCEL button.
Mobile Deposit FAQs
What is Mobile Deposit?
- Mobile Deposit offers you a secure, convenient way of depositing paper checks into your checking account using an iPhone™ or Android™ smartphone as well as some iPads™.
Who is eligible for Mobile Check Deposit?
- Mobile Banking users who have a qualified Checking, Savings, Money Market and Health Savings account are eligible for the Mobile Check Deposit service.
What if an eligible account is not listed in Mobile Check Deposit?
- If you believe you have an eligible account that has not been enabled, please call Customer Support at 515-956-4343 for assistance.
What types of checks can I deposit with Mobile Check Deposit?
- Only checks drawn on institutions located in the United States can be processed through Mobile Check Deposit. We are unable to accept checks made payable to any person or entity other than you. Money Orders and Travelers Checks will not be accepted through Mobile Check Deposit.
Are there any limits on the dollar amount of deposits I can submit?
- Yes. You may not deposit more than $5,000 per check and not more than $10,000 per day.
Are there fees associated with using Mobile Check Deposit?
Do I photograph both the front and the back of my check?
- Yes. During the deposit process, you will be required to photograph the front and back of your check.
How do I endorse my check for Mobile Check Deposit?
- You should sign your check with the following endorsement:
For Mobile Deposit Only
Payees Signature (Your Name)
How will I know if VisionBank received my deposit?
- Visit the Deposit History within the Mobile Banking app to see if your deposit has been successfully submitted. Pending means that the deposit has been received, but is still under review. Failed means that there was a problem with the transaction and the deposit was rejected. Accepted means that the deposit has been received by us and is ready for processing.
How will I know when VisionBank processes my deposit?
- The deposit will post to your account as a “mobile check deposit”.
Is there a cut-off time to make my deposit?
- If you make a deposit with Mobile Check Deposit before 4:30 p.m. (CST) on a business day, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit with Mobile Check Deposit after 4:30 p.m. (CST), on a weekend or federally observed holiday, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day.
When will my deposit post to my account?
- Deposits made prior to 4:30 p.m. (CST) most often will be posted by 6:30 p.m (CST) when nightly processing has occurred.
When will a deposit made through Mobile Check Deposit show in my balance?
- On the day the deposit is approved.
Can I photograph more than one check at a time?
- You can photograph multiple checks in the same mobile banking session; however you may only photograph one check per deposit.
What if the check image I photographed is bad?
- You have the option to retake photographs of the check before submitting or you may cancel the deposit. If you are unable to photograph a clear image, please deposit your check at one of our Branch locations, ATMs or mail your deposit to VisionBank for processing.
Do I destroy my check after I photograph the deposit?
- No. Once the deposit has been approved by VisionBank, mark on the face of the check "electronically deposited on xx/xx/xxxx" and keep the check until it posts to your account. After which, securely destroy the check. Do not VOID the check after submittal in the event the deposit is not approved and needs to be re-submitted.
Can I make my opening account deposit through Mobile Check Deposit?
- No, at this time Mobile Check Deposit cannot be used to initially fund a new account.
What if I submitted a deposit for the wrong amount? Do I need to resubmit the deposit?
- Yes, if you enter the wrong amount the deposit will fail and you will need to do a new deposit with the correct amount indicated.
What if I submit the same deposit twice in error?
- If the same deposit is submitted twice, it will be identified and stopped by VisionBank. Should this occur, you will receive a declined deposit notification for the second deposit received through the Mobile Check Deposit service.
Do I need a certain type of mobile phone to use Mobile Check Deposit?
- Most android and iPhone smart mobile phones and some iPads are compatible with our VisionBank mobile app. All other web enabled smart phones may use the web browser based mobile banking, but will not be able to use mobile deposit. Please contact customer support if you have questions on compatibility at 515-956-4343.
What type of internet connectivity do I need?
- Mobile devices must have an appropriate data plan that allows the transmission of data over the internet.
What steps have been taken for security?
- In addition to login password, we use multiple security layers, including advanced encryption. For added security, passwords and actual check deposit records or images are not stored on the mobile device. Additional ways to ensure security:
- Protect your password
- Don't keep your password in a location accessible to others
- Don't allow others to perform transactions for you
- Periodically change your password by logging in to Personal Online Banking
- Notify us if password security has been breached.
The processing time to upload check is very slow. What may cause this?
- The processing from your device to VisionBank and back is not controlled by VisionBank. This is dependent upon your device, carrier, memory on the device, and current connection that you have.
I keep receiving a blurry image error message when attempting to submit the deposit. What might the issue be?
- Taking high-quality photos of the check is the best way to make mobile check deposit quick and easy. Here are some hints to keep in mind:
- Good Lighting
- Dark background
- Only check visible, no other objects or edges
- Check needs to be entirely in the frame
- Focus is important! Being too close can make the image blurry
How will the deposit post to my account?
- It will post to your online banking account and show on your statement as “Mobile Check Deposit”
Do I need to fill out a deposit ticket and take a photo of it and submit?
- No, the software creates an electronic image for the deposit ticket
Will the image of the electronic document appear on my statement?
- Yes, the image of the electronic credit will appear on the statement, listing the date, online user ID, account number and amount of the deposit.